This page lists all requirements that need to be fulfilled to use REFLEKT Remote and provides an overview of roles and devices related to the app.
Topics covered in this article:
- REQUIREMENTS FOR USING REFLEKT REMOTE
- ROLE DEFINITION AND DEVICES
REQUIREMENTS FOR REFLEKT REMOTE:
- Internet connection:
CONNECTION / NETWORK
2G / EDGE
3G / BASIC
3G / HSPA
3G / HSPA+
4G / LTE
Only audio may be possible
Only audio should be possible
Low-quality audio/video should be possible
Audio/video should be possible
High quality audio/video should be possible
- Ports and Protocols:
HOST NAME PORT PROTOCOL WHAT IS IT USED FOR?
443 TCP HTTPS
443 TCP HTTPS
443 TCP HTTPS
TURN + STUN
80** TCP, UDP TURN + STUN
443** TCP TURNS
5349** TCP TURNS
* What is XirSys as an external TURN service?
- XirSys (xirsys.com) is a third-party cloud provider specialized in TURN servers with built-in load balancing and scaling.
- IP addresses for whitelisting can be found here (Europe section): https://docs.xirsys.com/?pg=ip-whitelist
- If you are operating on a global scale with users on different continents, we recommend turning on Geo Load Balancing. Please approach us via the REFLEKT Remote Service Desk so we can activate this feature for you.
- No client-related data is sent or stored in the XirSys cloud. Relayed audio/video packages are DTLS end-to-end encrypted over all ports and protocols.
** Any one of the 4 ports and an associated protocol is enough to establish a call.
- Best case: Having all the above ports/protocols open offers the best performance for establishing a connection
- Recommended configuration: 3478 (TCP & UDP) or 80 (TCP & UDP) open
- Minimum requirements for strict network firewalls or proxy: port 443 (TCP) or 80 (TCP) should be enough to establish a call
To guarantee the correct functionality of the app, the ports mentioned above need to be opened in your network.
- Give system access rights to the following: Camera, Photos, Microphone, Notifications (As prompted when opening the application for the first time)
OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
- iPhone/iPad with iOS 13+
- Mobile/Tablet with Android 9+
- Desktop/Tablet with Windows 10 1809+, physical machine only
- Vuzix (M300, M330XL or M400) with Android 6
- RealWear (HMT-1 or HMT-1Z1) with Android 8
ROLE DEFINITION AND DEVICES:
The REFLEKT Remote application is intended for two different types of users. One role is the technician (=support requester) who is on site, e.g. at a machine, asking for support via the Remote mobile application. The other role is the expert (=supporter) who provides remote support using the same application.
The following table provides an overview of the devices which can be used by each user.