This article explains how to create a model based tracking configuration using the Guided Config Creation feature in REFLEKT ONE Sync.
In REFLEKT ONE Sync you can use the Guided Config Creation feature to create a simple tracking configuration step-by-step.
This simplifies the whole creation process, especially if you are a beginner with tracking configurations.
If you want to know more about the guided process for marker tracking, please go to: Create a marker based tracking configuration
HOW TO USE THE GUIDED CONFIG CREATION FEATURE FOR MODEL TRACKING CONFIGURATION:
To create your tracking configuration with the Guided Config Creation feature, follow these steps:
1. Open REFLEKT ONE Sync.
2. Click on the Load/Create Tracking Config button in the top left-hand corner.
3. Choose the option Guided Config Creation. Then you basically just follow the guide.
4. Click the Click to choose model file panel to select your CAD/3D model.
NOTE: You can upload .wrl and .obj file formats. Also .wrl files can be exported from Cortona3D RapidManual directly. See here for more information.
5. Continue by clicking Load model.
6. Verify the scale of your model.
NOTE: By default, the Meter metric is set. If the metric of your model differs, choose another one from the dropdown. There you can also select "Manual" and define your own scale factor. The scale factor determines the dimension of your model in relation to the real object.
7. Click Generate Modeltracking.
8. Choose the main direction for the initial pose of your model by clicking on it.
NOTE: You can manipulate the initial pose further in one of the next steps.
9. Adjust the distance between the camera and the model. To do so, use the slider on the right. Then click Confirm distance.
10. Finalize the initial pose. To do so, you use the manipulation mode (rotation, translation/positioning) and the gesture handling (on, off) buttons on the right. To activate them, click on the appropriate toggle or button.
- Manipulation mode: To manipulate rotation or positioning of the model, click and drag the displayed axes.
- Gesture handling: Gesture handling allows you free manipulation of the model. To do this, click and drag anywhere in the 3D view.
If you are satisfied with the initial pose, click Confirm Orientation.
11. Choose a name for your configuration.
12. If needed, you can adjust the basic tracking parameters or select a predefined parameter set. But you can leave the default settings for now.
For a more detailed explanation of each parameter, read the article here.
13. Now you can either export your configuration as a .zip file and import it into REFLEKT ONE Author or you can test it within REFLEKT ONE Sync by clicking on the appropriate button.
NOTE: The exported configuration created on mobile devices (iOS) can be transferred to another PC via Native Sharing (Mail or AirDrop) or via iTunes.
- Export config: Choose a file location for your created tracking configuration. Click Export Config. Now you can import the exported zip file into REFLEKT ONE Author.
- Test config: Click Test Config. A test configuration has been created. You can now test it within REFLEKT ONE Sync.
For more information about each panel and its function inside the Test and Adapt mode, read the article here.