This article explains how to create a marker tracking configuration using the Guided Config Creation feature in REFLEKT ONE Sync.
In REFLEKT ONE Sync you can use the Guided Config Creation feature to create a simple tracking for marker and/or model-based tracking configurations step-by-step.
This simplifies the entire creation process, especially if you are a beginner with tracking configurations.
If you want to know more about the guided process for model-based tracking, please go to: Create a model based tracking configuration
HOW TO USE THE GUIDED CONFIG CREATION FEATURE FOR MARKER TRACKING CONFIGURATION:
To create your tracking configuration with the Guided Config Creation feature, follow these steps:
1. Open REFLEKT ONE Sync.
2. Click on the Load/Create Tracking Config button in the top left-hand corner.
3. Choose the option Guided Config Creation. Then simply follow the guide.
4. Select the Click to choose model file panel to select your CAD/3D model.
NOTE: You can upload .wrl and .obj file formats. Also .wrl files can be exported from Cortona3D RapidManual directly. See here for more information.
5. Continue by clicking Load model.
6. Verify the scale of your model.
NOTE: By default, the Meter metric is set. If the metric of your model differs, choose another one from the dropdown menu. You can also select 'Manual' and define your own scale factor. The scale factor determines the dimension of your model in relation to the real object.
7. Click Generate Markertracking.
8. Choose one of the shown views as the initial pose for the next step.
9. Adjust the marker and position it in relation to your 3D model. This will determine how the model will be placed in the real world in relation to the image target.
You can switch between the handle position and the handle rotation gizmo for placing the marker in your scene. With the handle rotation gizmo, a rotation step size function allows you to set a fix degree value for the rotation and makes more precise placing possible.
By switching to the Move camera function, you are able to control the camera view with your mouse.
You also have the option to use the Attach to surface button which allows you to drag and drop the marker onto a surface of the 3D model. A Reset marker button is also available in the right panel.
10. Import the image file you want to use as a marker by clicking the Click to choose image files button in the center bottom panel. There you can also change the size and the image used as target.
11. Analyze and generate a quality estimation for the image you have chosen for your marker by clicking on the Check marker quality button.
The Check marker quality function serves only as a rough quality analysis to indicate if the image is suitable at all.
12. If you are satisfied with the marker placement, click Confirm.
13. Choose a name for your configuration.
14. Select a target folder to which the marker configuration should be exported.
15. Turn On/Off the Extendible Tracking.
If this value is set to On, the tracking will be extended with a SLAM-based tracking. This allows you to continue tracking even if the marker isn't visible in the camera image anymore.
16. Click Generate Tracking and your marker tracking will be generated and exported.
Now you can import the exported zip file into REFLEKT ONE Author.
NOTE: Do not forget to print your marker with your image in the correct size.
To ensure full functionality, it must be ensured that no object is activated as a marker in the authored Animation Procedure or Point of Interest topic.
If a marker is already placed and activated as such in the authored content, it will be used in the first place.
HOW TO GENERATE A PRINT-READY PDF FOR MARKER TRACKING:
To generate a print-ready PDF that fits to your marker, follow these steps:
- Select the marker size from the drop down menu. Select either one of the pre-set values or enter your own custom size by selecting manual from the drop down list. (Note that the marker must be at least 5cm x 5cm in size)
- If you want your marker to be an exact replica of your marker image, click the Print borderless checkbox. This can be useful, if the marker image already includes a white border or you want to print the image in exactly the way you provided. If the option is not selected REFLEKT ONE Sync will add a border as a margin of error for printing.
- Click the Print Marker button to generate the PDF and save it.