Here you find all the information needed to install and use REFLEKT Remote on RealWear HMT-1 glasses.
The REFLEKT Remote app for smart glasses like the RealWear HMT-1 is a "light" version of the product and does not support all features. Smart glasses like the RealWear HMT-1 can be seen as companion devices instead of standalone devices, which means that they need to be paired to a device that runs the full REFLEKT Remote application.
NOTE: If you aren't familiar with RealWear HMT-1, we recommend to read the following paragraph giving you a rough overview of the smart glasses. Otherwise you can jump straight to the DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION section.
OVERVIEW OF REALWEAR HMT-1 AND GENERAL FUNCTIONS:
The RealWear HMT-1 glasses are operated completely hands-free. Voice commands can be used to navigate inside the software and control the device. This allows you to use REFLEKT Remote only controlled via voice commands without the need to touch the device at any time.
To learn more about the RealWear HMT-1 voice commands, read the article here.
DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION:
Before downloading the application, check the requirements needed for using REFLEKT Remote on your device here.
NOTE: For download and installation an active network connection is required. Depending on your installation method, a RealWear Foresight account might be required as well.
For an easier set-up and installation process of REFLEKT Remote on RealWear HMT-1, we recommend installing the mirroring tool RealWear Explorer. The RealWear Explorer shares your screen and makes it possible to control the HMT-1 interface via your PC/MAC. You can download it here: https://developer.realwear.com/RealWearExplorer/
For the actual download and installation process of REFLEKT Remote on RealWear HMT-1, follow these steps:
If you have a small number of glasses you would like to install REFLEKT Remote on, you can install the application directly to the devices with the RealWear Explorer. The following steps explain the installation process:
- Download the installation file (.apk file) from the link that was provided to you.
- Open the RealWear Explorer on your computer and connect your RealWear glasses via USB.
- Once the RealWear Explorer recognizes your device, drag and drop the installation file to the RealWear Explorer window.
The application is now installed on your HMT-1.
If you plan to roll out the REFLEKT Remote application on a larger scale, the RealWear Foresight device management system can be used for the app installation.
- Download the application installation file (.apk file) from the link that was provided to you.
- Login to RealWear Foresight (More information here).
- Open the App Catalog from the side menu.
- Click on ADD NEW APP in the top right-hand corner.
- Fill in the requested data, upload the installation file and save your changes via the SAVE button.
- Register your devices: Navigate to Devices. Select Add New Device and enter the requested data of your device.
- Create a policy for the REFLEKT Remote app: Navigate to Policy and create a new Policy Template.
- Inside the newly created policy template, add the REFLEKT Remote app to it.
- Create a device group under Devices > Device groups. During the creation, assign the previously created policy to the device group. Add all the devices, you would like the application to be installed on, to this device group.
- Ensure an active network connection on your HMT-1. For more information, read our article here.
- Reboot all HMT-1 glasses and the installation of the app will start automatically.
For general questions about the RealWear HMT-1, please consult their support page.