This article is only necessary if you plan to install the floating license server on a computer with Microsoft Windows servers operating system or on a Virtual Machine (VM).
SETTING UP THE LICENSE SERVER:
The steps involved are as follows:
1. To install the license server on a server computer in your local network, run the LicenseServer.exe file and follow the on-screen instructions.
2. Change the default value of this port to 1700.
NOTE: the default port 9000 is already in use for REFLEKT ONE Author.
3. Launch the License Administrator (Server) on a server.
To do this, click Start > All Programs > Cortona3D > License Administrator > License Administrator (Server).
4. Click Advanced.
5. Click Request License. The Request License dialog box appears.
6. In the corresponding boxes, specify:
- The license key
- Count — number of concurrent users allowed for the current server (if the current license key value is not known, click All available)
- Floating server port (by default 1700)
- Customer name
7. Click Next.
The procedure is completed if the license status is active.
If you get an error message, click Send Mail to request the license file via e-mail.
Now the installation process is done, and you are ready to use REFLEKT ONE Author.